I know I’ve said this before – but this Thai-inspired noodle dish truly is one of our favorite recipes! It is super easy to make and tastes so fresh and full of flavor. It only takes about 30 minutes (or less) to make and serves 4 people. You may already have the ingredients in your fridge! I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. They state that the nutritional value per serving is: 365 calories, 13 grams fat (2 sat.), 567 mg sodium, 57 grams carb., 10 grams fiber and 14 grams of protein.
- 2 1/2 tsp grated lime peel (finely grated)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger root (available in paste form in the produce section)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 8 oz. uncooked whole wheat linguine or spaghetti
- 2 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Prepare the veggies as listed.
- Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and process until blended.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer pasta and broccoli to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Add peanut butter mixture and toss to combine.
- Optional: serve with chopped peanuts as a topping.
Give this colorful and delicious dish a try for Meatless Mondays -
I think your family will enjoy it!